Take your Nordic Walking to the next level
Have you been Nordic Walking for a while and would like to take your technique to the next level? Then this is the session for you. You will learn the more advanced techniques that allow you to get even more out of Nordic Walking.
As always, the best place to Nordic Walk is the beach. So, we will be holding the session on our favourite beach, Druridge Bay at Cresswell. At low tide this beach is wide and flat and perfect for training.
What does the training include?
Using the most up to date information from INWA your session will include:
- A run through of steps 1-5 of the INWA 10 Step Method ™ (as a reminder);
- Instruction of steps 6-10 of the INWA 10 Step Method ™ with exercises;
- A walk along the beach and
- A cool down/stretching session
What will steps 6-10 enable me to do?
Steps 6-10 will enable you:
- to walk faster, using more of your upper body strength to propel you forward;
- tone and strengthen your abdominal muscles including the traverse abdominals (love handles);
- burn more calories – 46% more calories and
- raise your heart rate to make this a high intensity exercise without any pressure on your joints.
The Drift Cafe
As is tradition, we end with a trip to a cafe. One of our favourites is The Drift Cafe. It has great homemade food, especially the scones and cakes.
Please contact us if you have any other queries or questions.
Hope to see you there.
Julie and Martin x
Home | Blog | Walks | Sign-up | Contact
Strolls with Poles – Nordic Walking for Fun and Fitness
In association with National Trust Wallington
You must be logged in to post a comment.